Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Operator

I've settled on The Operator as the title of my mystery/suspense book. I'm a little farther along (roughly 31k words, or 124 ms. pages), and have a few more scenes to write before I have to decide on the ending. I never write with an entire story known. When I start writing, I always have a few points I intend to make, but I never have the entire story plotted out. Sometimes, I'll have the ending, or maybe just a few scenes. In Mournful Weeps the Willow, I only had an image of a girl on a hill in a thunder storm. As I started writing, that image disappeared and the tale changed entirely from what I had expected. So it is with The Operator. I've said it before: I'm the reader as much as the writer, and I'm wondering what will happen in the end.

On another issue, my daughter was reading TFW yesterday, but she did not give me any feedback and I didn't ask.

Shaun

1 comment:

Shaun Carney said...

I wonder how you can log into an old BlogSpot account before Google bought it. I tried using their links, which tell me they sent an email to my email account, but the email never arrives.

I guess I will just have to start a new one...