Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Forgotten World Pitch

Today I submitted my pitch to Jessica's pitch critique workshop at Book-Ends. I think mine made the 266th entry, and I hope she doesn't track me down and do what some of the villains in those pitches tried to do (or did) to the heroes. Anyway, here's the pitch:

While on a quest to find magic in a mundane world, Cedric Taramon and his friends open a portal that leads them from Ireland to a mythical realm. There he learns that the roots of his family tree do not run as deeply in this world as he had always believed, and that the wonders of magic and mythical lands can be more terrifying than he had ever imagined. Far worse, however, he discovers the deadly reason his ancestors left the forgotten world...and now it is hunting him.

Shaun

No comments: