Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Daughter, the...Editor?

No, my daughter is not really an editor, not yet at least, but it's not impossible that she may hold that position someday in the future. She is attending LSU as an ENGL major with a mass media concentration. This, I am told, prepares one for a career in news and publishing. The other day, she gave me an explanation on why she has not been able to review, critique, and edit The Forgotten World. Personally, I think it's because she would rather work on the subsequent book, The Book of Lore, but that's just my thought. Anyway, she has a difficult time reading at the computer and prints everything out. Naturally, this would be a huge waste in resources (toner, paper, time, etc.) to print out each revision. I agreed, so I told her to not work on the story until I finish polishing the latest rev. I should be done by the weekend, since I'm just looking for spelling and grammatical errors, inconsistencies, and glaring mistakes - no changes in the story. Then I will send it to her and she can print out the the completed tale, rather than read at the computer or waste a lot of resources.

So, that's where my daughter, the editor is at, and also where The Forgotten World is currently too.

Shaun

No comments: